Friday, January 16, 2009

I blame the cold weather for the skin problems Stella and I have had (although I have doubts this is the case). Since I gave birth to her I've had very itchy skin that results in inflammation. My Aunt Judy diagnosed me a month later (when I gave up on the hormone excuse) with "dermographism" which literally means "skin writing" because you can see the lines immediately after you scratch. She suggested some Benedryl at night and Zyrtec or any other antihistemene during the day. Well before I get myself addicted to antihistemenes, I heard to try Noni juice, which is a natural juice from Hawaii. I started about two weeks ago, and plan on giving it a few months to work its magic.




Stella, on the other hand, has been dealing with baby eczema for about a week. Thanks to her Aunt Karyn, we had some Emily skin soother on hand and we've noticed a significant difference in just a few days. Our poor little itchy girl is looking and seems to be feeling much better. We're still applying it two to three times a day and also using the soap for her baths.
The difference one night made:
Before After

No comments:

counter